Thursday, May 28, 2009

Liesel's Decisions

In the end of the chapter, "Way of Words", Liesel finally found Max again. She is happy and can't help herself from running to Max, and soon pays the consequences. She was whipped across her neck. At this point, I would have thought that Liesel would have known not to interfere anymore, and she would've gone back to silently saying goodbye. Instead she decided to get up and follow Max, knowing that she would be hurt even more, which she was. I think if Liesel were able to get up another time, she would have, but I do not know why.

1 comment:

  1. I think that Liesel and Max became so close during their time together and when they were split apart Liesel was crushed. Having thought that Max was dead, Liesel was extremely joyful to see him to the point where letting him go again is not another option for her.

    ReplyDelete