Monday, May 18, 2009

Frau Deutscher

Frau Deutscher has started antagonizing Tommy Müller and Rudy.  I thought this was completely inappropriate.  Tommy can't hear Frau Deutscher's orders.  For this, not only did the Hitler Youth leader punish Tommy, he punished the whole Hitler Youth group he was in charge of by making them march until Tommy got it right (which as we all know, is very unlikely).  Instead of listening to Rudy when he politely tried to explain Tommy's conditions, Frau Deutscher takes an immediate disliking to both boys. I think this is unfair, because Frau Deutscher didn't even hear why Tommy twitched and didn't listen to commands.  Does anyone thinks Frau Deutscher's actions were justified or fair?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you Ruthie, I don't think that what he did is fair, but fair or not, he needs to be doing his job. When someone like Tommy Muller constantly messes up and ruins the routine, I can see how that can anger anyone. When Rudy tries to explain, I think that Frau is so angry at that point that he is unwilling to listen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Frau Deutscher is annoyed with Tommy so when Rudy tries to explain about Tommy's conditions, Frau Deutshcher didn't want to hear it because he was already annoyed enough with Tommy.
    When people use their power like Frau Deutscher is using it, it can make him feel better. Since he has to constantly deal with Tommy's problems, it probably seems funny to him when he makes Rudy and Tommy run laps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think that his punishment was fair at all, but this is Hitler Youth we're talking about. Not only were HY's crazy, but most of the leaders in it were too. That isnt even mentioning Duetschers hatred for Rudy and Tommy, which justifies even more (from his view) what he did. I also agree with Katias idea that power has gone to Frau Duetscher's head and it feels good to exert his power.

    ReplyDelete