Friday, May 29, 2009

The Last Color

Firstly, this book was amazing and I loved it! The title for the epilogue is the last color. This, to me, seems very significant because many important events in this novel looks to relate to color in some way, shape, or form. When the reader looks at what is "featured" in this section they see: death and liesel - some wooden tears - max - and the handover man. When Death usually is talking of colors he/she/it is talking of death or people dying. When I saw that it was called the last color and I saw some of the featured topics included Max and Liesel, I was concerned that another of my favorite characters would die. When I read into the section, I saw that the title made sense, because on the next page (page 543) there is another fact placed in by Death saying, "A LAST FACT: I should tell you that the book thief die only yesterday." Even though Liesel dies, a reader discovers that her death takes place "many years since [World War II]." I found this to be a most appropriate title and I thought it conveyed Death in a new way.

No comments:

Post a Comment