Friday, May 29, 2009

Deaths

I just want to say first off that I think that Zuzack did an amazing job ending the novel.  One thing very shocking to me was how Zuzack decided to kill off everybody on Himmel Street except Liesel, while having Max survive.  If I was not to read the book and learn that there was a bunch of poor nazis living in Germany and a Jew in an internment camp and I would have to choose which would die, I would say the Jew.  I am glad that Max survived because I like his character, but I am very confused why Zuzack would not have him killed.

1 comment:

  1. Max was not on Himmel Street during the bombing, he was in the Dachau concentration camp. I think that Zusak wanted Liesel to have someone else in the world besides Alex Steiner. Also, it makes sense because Death says at the beginning that the survivors interest him. Liesel and Max are both survivors.

    ReplyDelete